Divorce can turn your life upside down, and it may feel as if your ‘normal’ life is over. It can be one of the most turbulent processes you may ever experience. You may even feel that there is no way you will ever “find yourself” again. But there’s a more peaceful way to divorce.
When you and your spouse use the Collaborative Divorce Process, you and your family can find the hope you are looking for with a team of experts who help you move through the divorce process in an amicable way, without “losing yourself.”
Here are some tips that can help you improve your wellbeing while going through a divorce:
- Allow yourself to feel the grief of your marriage coming to an end
- Stop and breathe; try not to make any decisions based on emotions
- Treat yourself to the small things in life – ice cream really can make things better!
- Spend time with friends and family who encourage and uplift you
- Exercise – it helps with the divorce blues
- Ask for professional help; a mental health specialist is a vital part of the collaborative divorce process
Often the emotional turmoil that may accompany divorce can be crippling, but by using the Collaborative Divorce Process, there is help available for you and your family to find your way forward.
Our mental health professionals are available to assist all parties in overcoming obstacles that stand in the way of reaching an agreeable solution.
Family Divorce Solutions is a group of well-respected, experienced and collaboratively trained attorneys, mental health professionals, financial professionals, and child specialists who work as a team to reach a complete and satisfactory resolution for everyone involved.
Contact us today to see how we can help you keep your family’s emotional wellbeing intact during your divorce proceedings.
Note: This information is general in nature and should not be construed as legal/financial/tax/or medical advice. You should work with your attorney, financial, medical or tax professional to determine what will work best for your situation.